Plumbing Scams to Avoid
Plumbing is a profession that is at constant risk for scams, especially when it comes to installing new faucets, toilets, or other fixtures. This is why it’s important to properly research a potential plumbing company before hiring them. By working with a reputable plumber in Charlotte, NC, like Plumbing Connection, you can ensure that you receive quality services and lasting solutions. Here are some plumbing scams to be aware of:
Common Plumbing Scams
- Using a fake plumbing license.
- Using a fake company logo.
- Using a fake website address.
- Using a fake phone number or email address
- Falsifying work history or references on construction files
- False advertising and other misleading practices
- Using expensive materials without providing receipts for the costs of their purchases for the project
- Stealing from customers, such as overcharging for parts or labor costing more than the original bid estimate
- Using outdated or incorrect materials
- Selling you a system that doesn’t suit your house or needs
- Not informing you about all of your warranties, most notably any manufacturer warranties that may have expired
- Failing to use industry-standard tools and materials, including lead-free soldering.
Why Work With a Professional
Emergency plumbing services should be completed by a licensed, insured professional who is familiar with your home and the complexities of the plumbing system. This is to ensure that you receive the appropriate solutions for your specific problem.
The plumbing company you choose should also have a good track record through phone calls, online reviews, recommendations from acquaintances, and references. By knowing how a company works and responds to complaints, you can get an idea of how well you can work with them. Homeowners should also ensure that the plumbing repairs offered by the company is protected by a warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty should cover the replacement of faulty parts.
Any plumbing company should be certified by the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association (PHCCA) to ensure that they are qualified to provide plumbing services.
When in need of reliable plumbing services, don’t hesitate to call a reputable company like Plumbing Connection. We can provide you with a free estimate and prompt and efficient service. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Us Now
Recommended by Kim Faro
"Chip was great. He called to let me know he was on his way and a hour ahead of schedule. He fixed our problem in a very timely fashion. Chip was very knowledgeable, courteous and respectful of our house. We will be using Plumbing Connection on all future plumbing needs! Thank you Chip!"