Grease traps in Charlotte, NC, are often installed in restaurant kitchens, commercial cooking facilities, and industrial kitchens like schools and hospitals. Grease trap installation and maintenance from Plumbing Connection is your first defense against fats, oils, and grease from entering your plumbing and the nearby sewer system. Large amounts of grease, like that produced in commercial kitchens, call for added defense to keep the pipes clear. Without routine grease trap maintenance, the grease and fats will quickly form large clogs, backing up your plumbing and causing you to shut down the kitchen until repairs can be made.
PROFESSIONAL GREASE TRAP MAINTENANCE CHARLOTTE, NC
Cleaning a grease trap is messy and can be dangerous and should only be done by a plumber who has been professionally-trained in grease trap maintenance Grease in drains can cause a tremendous amount of damage to a city’s sewage system and most municipalities have strict grease trap regulations; all of our technicians know the requirements for Gastonia, Charlotte, and the surrounding cities and will complete your cleaning of grease traps, clogs, and maintenance quickly and efficiently. The City of Charlotte requires all food service establishments to have a grease and oil interceptor in place and for it to be properly maintained to avoid the waste from entering the sewage collection system. We pride ourselves on going beyond the minimum in all aspects of our plumbing work whether it’s cleaning or maintaining grease traps, installing water filtration systems, repairing water heaters, pipelining, or any of our other professional plumbing services in Charlotte, NC.
It is crucial to only hire a commercial grease trap installation specialist, like Plumbing Connection, when it’s time for a trap installation or routine cleaning. As the preferred plumber in Charlotte, NC, we can get any job done right the first time around. While some municipalities have minimum cleaning requirements, it’s recommended to have your grease trap cleaned at least once a quarter, more as needed.
WHY YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN YOUR GREASE TRAP
While the overall purpose of Charlotte grease trap maintenance is to prevent the waste from clogging your pipes and polluting the sewer system, there are other benefits to scheduling regular cleaning:
- Avoid clogs: Proper cleaning of the grease trap allows water and waste materials to flow smoothly. Otherwise, you could face a waste overflow and severe damage to your plumbing.
- Makes cleaning easier: Routine grease trap cleanings will ensure the waste doesn’t harden inside the trap. When fats and oils are ignored for an extended period of time, the waste can harden and become impossible to remove.
- Necessary for inspections: North Carolina municipalities will routinely inspect commercial kitchens to ensure the equipment and cleaning procedures are adequate. You could face a penalty or fee if your grease trap is holding excessive waste.
- Prevents bad smells: As with any waste buildup, grease and oils will begin to rot and create a foul odor. It’s certainly not the type of smell you want in your restaurant or kitchen.
- Saves money: The cost to have your grease trap maintained regularly is minimal compared to the cost of an emergency plumbing repair and being forced to close your business doors as repairs are made.
Plumbing Connection will install the grease trap in a space that is easy to access for future cleanings and will ensure the installation is covered with the proper permits according to municipality protocol.
LET US CLEAN YOUR COMMERCIAL GREASE TRAP TODAY
When it comes to plumbing repairs in Charlotte, NC, trust no one but the best. When the professional technicians with Plumbing Connection clean your grease trap, we dispose of the waste in a safe manner that meets all local and state law regulations. Often the grease is repurposed by a recycling facility.
Keep your business running smoothly with the help of reliable services. We cater to commercial establishments in North Carolina, including:
Plumbing Connection technicians are extremely experienced with grease trap installations, repairs, and maintenance. If you’re a business owner in need of Charlotte grease trap installation or cleaning, our technicians can help. Call our courteous staff today to schedule your appointment.