CONVENTIONAL GAS AND ELECTRIC WATER HEATER REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
Water heaters are among the top energy users in your home, in many cases accounting for as much as 25 percent of your home’s energy use. As they get older and less efficient, this number climbs even higher, and the units get more and more expensive to operate. Water heaters heat water and store it for you for use in showers, dishwashers, faucets, etc. If you have a large residential or commercial property, you may have more than one water heater. Plumbing Connection is the trusted plumber in Charlotte, NC. We specialize in residential and commercial water heater repair and replacement and can take care of all your water heater needs.
The most common cause of water heater malfunction is sediment buildup, especially as the water heaters get older (water heaters have a lifespan of about 10 years.) When water is heated, limescale and any other minerals, particularly calcium and magnesium, form along the sides of the tank and the burner. If these minerals are not filtered out of the water heater, they form a sediment barrier that will settle on the burner and significantly hinder your water heater’s performance. If your water heater is not heating up water instantly or at all, then you need to call us for our water heater services in Belmont, NC, and nearby areas.
Plumbing Connection Can:
- Inspect your water heater for sediment buildup
- Check your water heater’s burner; the flame should be blue with yellow tips. If it appears more yellow-orange, this is a sign of incomplete burning which could lead to not only poor water heater performance but also the production of deadly carbon monoxide!
- Install thermostats, drain valves, and relief or shut-off valves
- Address water pressure issues or install water pressure regulators
- Detect and repair leaks
- Check your pilot light
- Provide preventative maintenance
- Install a new, energy-efficient traditional or tankless water heater
We proudly serve the following locations:
- Charlotte, NC
- Gastonia, NC
- Belmont, NC
- McAdenville, NC
- Barclay Downs, NC
- Crowders, NC
- And the surrounding areas
WATER HEATER TANK CLEANING
Water tank cleaning is key to the longevity and efficiency of your water heater. Accumulating sediment is the number one cause of water tank leaks. Cleaning the tank involves properly disconnecting the power and the water supplies, draining the tank, slowly pouring in the proper cleaning liquid, resting the tank, then rinsing and refilling the water heater. For water heater maintenance and other plumbing needs in the Charlotte and Gastonia, NC areas, such as drain cleaning and leak repair, contact us today.
It’s worth noting that a water-filtration system will permanently end this issue and can help increase how long your water heater functions properly.
WHEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY WATER HEATER?
Sometimes it’s because of a usage strain or it could be the age of the tank, regardless, water heaters — even the best of them — have a lifespan of roughly a decade. While you can help prolong the life of your water heater with annual maintenance or regular water heater repair in Charlotte, NC, chances are you’ll need to have it replaced with a new one if you use it daily for more than eight years.
Signs that you should replace your water heater:
- Your water heater is more than 10-years old. This is a red flag that you will eventually need water heater replacement in Belmont, NC, and nearby areas
- There is rusty water coming from the hot side piping in your home or rust around the water inlet or pressure relief valve on the heater.
- Frequently, you hear rumbling or banging sounds coming from the water heater as it is heating up.
- Moisture around your water heater. This may indicate that you have a small leak or a fracture in the tank.
- Water is not heating to adequate temperature levels or you are frequently running out of hot water.
TANKLESS WATER HEATERS
If you prefer to have an unlimited supply of hot water, you may wish to consider a tankless heater that heats water on demand the next time you consider water heater installation in Belmont, NC, and nearby areas. Depending on your water usage and habits, this could be a great energy and cost savings alternative for your household. See our “Tankless Water Heaters” section for more information.
We also offer water heater services in the following: